How to change trading address in VAT VIES?


You recently bought the company with already issued VAT GB number. Previous company directors registered a company to VAT, using the trading address. Now as new owner you need change trading address , registered office address. You changed Companies House records, but records in VIES won’t change automatically.

What do you need to do?

  1. Please open the form VAT 484 and fill in it.
  2. You are obliged to enter the business and personal details, including your company position, VRN – Vat Registration Number, new contact details ( e-mail, phone number, business phone number), new trading address. Additionally, you can change periods of VAT returns ( monthly, quarterly periods). The form needs to be signed by an authorised person – company director or Attorney.
  3. Next step is sending original application to postal delivery address to HMRC:

Postal address:

Grimsby National Registration Service, HM Revenue and Customs, Imperial House, 77 Victoria Street, Grimsby DN31 1DB.

When the records will be changed?

The timeframe of changing records consumes a lot of time. Basically, on our previous experience – the period of changing trading address and other VAT details takes 2-3 weeks from receiving an application by HMRC.

If you act as an export/import seller – you need to do all paperwork on time because you can have troubles with custom clearance – especially in the case if the company address in Companies House does not exact to VIES / EORI address – addresses are different. Please note the company needs file all previous and actual VAT returns on time to avoid potential penalties and troubles with international EU trading.

Cryptocurrency exchange license in Estonia

You already have a LTD company in United Kingdom. However, accounting for this company and the annual payment of Corporation Tax is too much for you? It is time to invest in the purchase of a ready made Estonian company with a cryptocurrency license.

0% Coropration Tax for companies that do not pay dividends and invest funds. Imagine you are generating bitcoin sales and holding money on an account in Estonia and you have a 0% Corporation Tax rate. Does not that sound like a tax haven?

In Estonia, no ordinary income is distinguished from Capital Gains Tax income. You must, of course, keep accounting. Cryptocurrencies are treated just like ordinary national currencies. If you want to run FIAT currency exchange office for cryptocurrencies, you’ve come to the right place. You will not pay VAT on such transactions, because cryptocurrencies are neutral in terms of VAT – they are treated similar to financial services.

We’ll help you get one of two types of licenses:

  • License to operate a virtual currency exchange office (exchange of FIAT currency for cryptocurrency and vice versa)
  • Virtual wallet license – cold wallet and hot wallet

Licenses are issued by the Estonian Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) after submitting a special application. The process takes about 30 business days. We can help you get a license if you already have an Estonian company or if you do not have it – you can buy a ready-made company from us with a license.

We will guide you through the process of changing shares. To this end, we will sign a share sale agreement. You will give us the power of attorney to represent you before a local notary and FIU.

Required documents from you are:

  • Passport or ID card
  • Power of Attorney
  • Description of your business and CV
  • Website addresses, telephone numbers
    and e-mail addresses
  • criminal record certificate

All the above documents should be standardized and have an Apostille.
After completing all the formalities, we’ll teach you how to research the client to meet the requirements
Estonian AML / KYC Procedure on Counteracting Money Laundering and Financing of Terrorism.